Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun in Portland

We got up at 2 a.m. on Monday morning and C dropped me off at the airport at about 5:20 a.m. By the time I got through security, my 6:30 a.m. flight was already boarding when I got to the gate. I had just enough time! I had a 1.5 hour flight to Denver and then a 2 hour flight to Portland.

One of the first things I wanted to do in Portland was go back to Deschutes Brewery. We didn't have any beer this time...it was only 11 a.m. and just didn't seem appealing...but we did share a delicious pretzel and a marionberry cobbler. I made sure to take a picture of the cobbler this time.

House-baked pretzel With a Creamy White Cheese Dipping Sauce ringed
with Black Butte Porter-Stone Ground Ale Mustard.

Marionberry Cobbler

Sunshine is ready for the marionberries

A few blocks down from Deschutes, we spent a few hours at Powell's Books, the largest independent used and new bookstore in the world, according to their website. I bought the book Put 'Em Up! by Sherri Brooks Vinton. It has a recipe for peach salsa that I'm pretty excited about.




We were going to go to the Rose Gardens, but another day hopefully...I was exhausted by 3 pm, which is actually 5 pm in the time zone I'm used to. I even took a short nap before we went out for sushi for dinner, but I was in bed by 9 p.m.
Delicious sushi dinner at Mio

Today we're headed to Cannon Beach for some fun and seafood...in the meantime, I'm being stalked by a bengal named Hobbes. Can you tell the cat from the carpet?

Hobbes

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...