Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Best. Scallops. Ever.

Melt in your mouth. Best. Scallops. Ever. I have to admit, when we first walked in to this restaurant in Cannon Beach, Oregon, I wasn't expecting that much. It's the type of restaurant where you go up to the counter and order, and then go get your food when they call out the number. I just wasn't expecting anything so utterly delicious...sadly, we even noticed several couples walk in the door, take a look around, and then leave right away. They have no idea what they missed out on!

Ecola Restaurant in Cannon Beach, Oregon

Scallops at Ecola




Homemade clam chowder at Ecola
Even their cocktail sauce was delicious and homemade, as was the tartar sauce, which had the most delicious and surprising bite of fresh dill to it.

 It was 1.5 hour drive to this little oceanside town of Cannon Beach, Oregon. The temperature was in the high 80's. We walked the beach for several miles and it was glorious. This included viewing Haystack Rock, which you may remember from the 1985 movie, The Goonies.

Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach, Oregon
Below is a link to a slide show of my trip so far.



Aside from experiencing some fantastic sites and super yummy food, S has informed me that I need a new digital camera (mine is an OLD Kodak EasyShare 3.1 megapixel--would you call this vintage digital?) a smart phone, iPad, and cable TV or I am not keeping up with basic professional development! Also, being around her reminds me that I need to read more. How is it that we forget to make time for some of those things we like the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...